We are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. The policies below are applicable to the solar-guitars.com website (“Website”) and all related sites, players, widgets, tools, apps, data, software, APIs and other services (the “Services”) produced and maintained by Chug Express SL, (“CESL”) (collectively “Company” or “we”, “us”, or “our”) and our contracting companies.
Information Collected and Stored
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You do not need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Platform. However, if you decide to purchase a product from us, apply as a Solar Guitars artist, register your CESL purchase, subscribe to our newsletter or contacting us via e-mail, we require that you provide us with certain information:
- Essential information: When you register a CESL purchasing account, you will need to provide your email address and choose a password, your first name, last name, if applicable your company name, billing address and if it varies from your billing address your ship to address, the product(s) you want to purchase and your payment verification information.
- If you want to apply as a CESL artist you will need to provide us with your name, e-mail address and a personal text
- You can register your CESL providing us your name, address details, e-mail address, phone no., serial no., purchase date, place of purchase and/or retailer of your CESL.
- You can subscribe to our newsletter providing us your e-mail address, first and last name allowing us to sending you mailings in regards to CESL.
- You can also contact us via e-mail providing your name and e-mail address with a personal message.
None of this profile information is mandatory for the simple use of the CESL Platform. If you do not wish to provide this information, please do not:
- Set up an account.
- Apply as a Solar Guitar artist.
- Register your purchase
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Contact us via e-mail.
Most information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time within the setting tab in your account.
- Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Platform, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming, connecting your Facebook or Google+ account, sharing links related to the Platform with a third party, following or unfollowing another user, following of content and/or channels, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Platform
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
- your location data (e.g. IP address) when using the Apps,
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
Information from other sources
In addition, when you interact with the Platform, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Anonymous Information”). Generally, this information is collected through “traffic data”. We collect and store certain administrative and traffic information with each use of the service or Platform including: time of access, date of access, web page(s), software crash reports, type of browser used, session identification number, search terms, search results, access times and referring websites addresses.
Information Collected From Children
This Platform is not directed at those persons under the age of 16 and who are located in the European Union (“EU”) countries and is not directed to children under the age of 13 in countries that are not part of the EU (a “Restricted Person”). Company does not knowingly collect personal information from persons specified in the first sentence of this section. If you are under 16 years of age and are located in an EU country or are under 13 years of age and located in a country outside the EU you must not use the Platform, and under no circumstance should you provide personally information to Company. If Company discovers that a Restricted Person has provided Company with personal information, Company will immediately delete that Restricted Person’s information from the Platform. Your use of the Platform is your warranty to us that you are not a Restricted Person.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes: Use of and interaction with the Platform:
- To allowing you placing orders, paying for products and services and making shipments to your provided address(es).
- To identify you as the creator of the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyze the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To process payment for your purchases: Your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your product and service purchases and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
- Your email address will be used to send you purchase and service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you signed up) for newsletters, you may receive news emails from time to time. If you want to change how you receive newsletter emails, you can update your preferences or unsubscribe from the link on the bottom of each mailing.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, analytical, logistical, or other functions on our behalf.
- In the event we plan to publicly post any of your Personal Information on a Website (as, for instance, quotes, pictures etc.), we will request your permission to provide such posting.
Improving and customizing the Platform
- To analyze the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Platform, in order to improve CESL and customize it to your needs and interests.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time. For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
Use Of Anonymous Information
We use Anonymous Information to help us determine how people use parts of the Platform and who our users are so we can improve our Platform and ensure that it is as appealing as we can make it for as many people as possible. We also use Anonymous Information to provide statistical “ratings” information in aggregated form to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Platform. We may also use or share Anonymous Information (or other information, other than Personal Information) in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary.
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners, that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, marketing, analytics, providing customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Platform.
We may share non-personal information with our partners and others from time to time. Examples of such non-personal information include the number of users who utilized our Platform during a specific time period. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Platform; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Platform or our customers, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the customers of the Platform or the public.
Steps Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure
The importance of security for all Personal Information associated with you is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Platform is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. To the extent that you purchase something from the Platform, we reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming your order to you. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. While we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Links To or From Another Website
Notice to European EU and Swiss Users
Withdrawing consent, Opting Out or Correcting Information
You can withdraw your consent to the manner in which the Company uses your data at any time. You may always opt out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from Company. Please visit the Settings tab found at your user account to review and withdraw consent or to update or correct your Personal Information. To request the review and/or deletion of your entire account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Length of Time Your Data will be Stored
Controllers of Personal Information
The Data Controller for the Platform and any services provided through them is:
Chug Express SL
Poligono Industrial Joeria Sud
Carrer Esclopeters S/N Nau 2C
17150 Sant Gregori